Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission3 min read
As many have seen, there is a LOT going on in Northwest Arkansas – and it doesn’t happen by itself. Dozens of people work together and have long-range plans based on years of studies. The Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission and Blue Zoo Creative worked together over the summer to design a new website with additional features over the old one.
An additional goal was to launch this site in a short timeline. The two organizations were ‘all in’ as we focused on a plan for design, building, content and new functionality and then we all rolled up our sleeves and took action.
Our developmental and creative solutions were to:
- Create a new responsive site
- Reorganized all the information from the old to the new site
- Built a document library
- Integrated the GIS tools and created educational sections for those tools
- Focused the new design around imagery from Northwest Arkansas
- Created a site architecture to help with growing amounts of information to be added over the next few years.
When first engaged with Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission, Elizabeth Bowen, their Project Manager, said of Blue Zoo compared to others, “You were the only ones who listened.”