– Updated April 2015 –
Most of us use Google search, maybe even gmail or other services, but you might want to brush up on Google+.
Google+ is a popular social media site
Here are some key features and benefits for the new Google+.
- Integration of services with Gmail, YouTube, drive, Google Docs, Hangouts and more.
- Easier to use with new LH menu bar. You can even customize the menu items.
- Hangouts; if you don’t know, this is Google’s free video conferencing. You can invite up to 10 people to connect online. Hangout integrates Google Docs to make business applications better for users.
- More graphic friendly including a simple photo editor built in.
- Circles feature to organize and focus your communications. This is key for wisely targeting your messages to the appropriate people.
- Integration of social media and search. Google is using social media factors more and more in their search algorithms. Google’s Plus One ( +1) feature is a factor to help increase your search rankings. Chris Winfield recently wrote about the major impact of Google+ on breaking news search.
- Google Communities is an online way to share your passions about a specific topic. Sharing can be public or private.
- Integration with Google Maps and the ability to focus on local niche marketing.
There are many great features in Google+. Have fun exploring!
Quit Monkeying Around! Join the Zoo.™