It is almost impossible to achieve goals without motivation. A highly motivated individual will soar through their career life with ease, reaping rewards both external and internal. Businesses seek self motivated individuals to join their teams. They benefit from people who plan their days effectively, provide enthusiasm and positive attitudes, and have a higher job completion rate.
The things that motivate people are as unique as the people who seek motivation. Some people are motivated by money, some by external praise, some to complete the task at hand or do better than others. Self motivating individuals are often motivated by internal rewards like feeling good about the work they do and learning better ways of doing things. They hold themselves accountable as a part of a team and strive to do their part. If we tap our inner motivation, values and strengths, then we will see wonderful things happen.
Learning to be a self motivator can take time. These five steps will help you.
- Be proactive. Create a plan and work your plan. Do not react to events.
- Feel good about the work you are doing.
- Keep dreaming and planning. Motivation comes from inspiring and meaningful dreams and goals.
- Be the change you want to see.
- Simplify. Focus on what is most important to you.
“Some people dream of great accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them” -Anonymous