9 Tips for Effective Communication4 min read
Effective communication can help you succeed
We get busy and may speak or write from haste, or worse, from reaction to something going on.
You get to choose. Your choices will impact whether you succeed or fail
The key is to be clear not only in your message, but in your tone. If you are stressed by something going on in your life, take a moment to pause, breath deeply and choose who you want to be and how you want to express yourself.
Here are some questions to help keep you on the high road to more effective communication:
- Does this communication align with my values and visions?
- Is my comment useful?
- Is my comment kind?
- Did I listen and understand what was said or asked?
- Does my comment reflect who I want to be in the world?
- Will it help our project, communication or relationship move forward?
- Did I pause before speaking?
- Am I expressing myself well, and clearly?
- Am I feeling fear, anger or other reactive emotions? If yes, it’s best to pause before communicating.
Align your communication with your values and vision
Regardless of whether you are communicating with friends, teammates or clients, remember to follow these guidelines. Your health, relationships and business will all improve if you take the high road in your communications. Here are more tips from helpguide.org for better communication.
Speaking of communication, we’d like to hear from you. Your comments and questions help us to better serve our clients.
Quit Monkeying Around, Get Communicating. Join the Zoo Today!
Sign Up for News and More
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.