Increasing website traffic is a common goal of most website owners, but to do so, you have to know how visitors get to your site.
There are four main sources for website visitors: organic search, paid search, direct, and referral.
Referral traffic sources are links on other sites back to your site.
These can be harder to obtain, but here are some common methods:
- Include social sharing buttons on your site
- Guest posts on other websites with a link back to your site
- Website fields on social site profiles like Twitter
- Forum posts
- Comments on blogs and other website
Direct traffic is from visitors that find your site directly as follows:
- Directly typing your website into the browser
- Clicking on a link in an email
- Using a site in the browsers bookmark
- Clicking a link embedded in a document, PDF, excel, or other file
To get more direct traffic try these actions:
- Put your website address on your stationery, business cards, etc.
- Include links to your site in the body and signature of your email
- Link to your site in email newsletters
- Add buttons to your site so visitors can easily bookmark your content for return views to your site
Once you know where the traffic is coming from you can prioritize where you need to put your work in to get the most out of the traffic.
If you want help getting more traffic, contact us or Get Started today!