Blogging to Better Relationships
Blogging is a great way to build better relationships while sharing valuable content.
We’ve been working on creating better relationships and communication as keys to our business success. Let’s explore how blogging can lead to better relationships.
Sonia at Copyblogger suggests including the following elements in your blogs:
- Generosity or what I call giving first. Provide valuable, useful and actionable ideas in your blogs. This gives your customer a sample of your expertise and skills.
- Relatability. Does your reader relate, understand and believe in you? Are you writing in a way that helps them relate to you?
- Kindness is King or maybe Queen, since we are making customers our king at Blue Zoo! Regardless of what we call it, being kind will never go out of style. As Sonia puts it, being an ass can get you attention, but being kind will increase your ability to relate and connect to your audience, which in turn increases your chances of converting readers into customers. Most people prefer buy from people that they like.
- Reliability. Show up with consistent content and frequency. Don’t post three times this week and miss the next month. Also, be consistent in giving rather than asking for a sale. At Blue Zoo, we provide much of our content, whether via blog, email or social media, as free and valuable content. Only about 20% of the time do we send out sales oriented messages.
- Authority. The more you share valuable content that demonstrates useful knowledge in your field, the more you establish your authority and credibility in your field. And don’t confuse transparency of your life with authority. Being honest is a good idea, but your audience probably doesn’t need to know about your latest family disaster.
Practice including these aspects in your blog and other communications as a way to build relationships. Just as good copy includes key words for your niche, you want your copy to include language and ideas that help connect with your customers and readers.
How are we doing? We’d like to hear your ideas.
About Blue Zoo
Sign Up for News and More
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.